Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What are you eating at 2am?

 Soon!...We are going to have some amazing options to choose from. The application process is supposed to have a quick turn to allow food trucks in or around Jacksonville Beach. The Jacksonville Beach city council voted(5-1) this past weekend to allow food trucks in this prime real-estate area. I don't know about you but as of right now there are limited options for 2 am food, or even walking around Jax beach on the occasional bike ride (aka Go Food).. We have all been there standing in line at the Ritz's delicious hot dog stand, but really what else is there at the time? Yes I am aware of pita pit, five guys, and waffle house or denny's, but really what else? I'm talking quality, gourmet fun food!

The food truck movement over the past couple of years in major cities (i.e. LA, Austin, Miami, NY,Seattle) has exploded, and now  JACKSONVILLE is in those ranks this is HUGE!! I might not be able to speak for everyone else, but the possibilities are endless. Food trucks offer up fun, casual setting for upscale eats. I know that I can't wait to get a great bite of food on a warm day or night. Although this is only a pilot project for a year I can't help but think this is going to be AWESOME!.. 

I have my personal FAVES, Happy Grilled Cheese, On the Fly, Gourmet Aviator.. and personally I'm looking forward to seeing what other food trucks pop up.. This is already looking like a great year. Once these new trucks start showing up I guarantee you will see me there 

No comments:

Post a Comment